There shall be cake! ...with chopsticks

Posted on 2:35 PM, under

It was the start to a perfect day. I double checked to make sure that the All Blacks had indeed still won, which shows how foreign a concept this is to me. The weather this morning was as good as I could hope for and didn't even warrant the need for a jacket. So far the start to a perfect day.

At work a few people wished me happy birthday and then suddenly - cake! I tried cutting into into tiny pieces so there was enough for everybody, but I was the only one with a plate. Everyone else kind of just picked at it with chopsticks.

Leaving me to attack a piece by myself

Man, my chopstick skills have come a long way.

Afterwards my co-teacher left as her mother in law is on her deathbed, leaving me to cover her shift for the week, which may see me miss out on Subi again; I feel these guys get the rough end of the stick. It's kind of an unfortunate schedule as I have only three different classes and two of them I do five times. Yikes.

I'm also looking at taking up a friends offer to buy me a computer from the US Army base, which would save me a trip to the US for winter break and allow me to do a cheaper option, or even use that money for eye surgery, should I choose to go that route. All I know is I'm sure as hell not eating cafeteria food today.

edit post

0 Reply to "There shall be cake! ...with chopsticks"