So, last weekend I went to the Andong mask festival. I saw very few masks and more random things like Korean kids yodeling and some old drunk who came up, talked to me in Korean and then pinched my nose and then asked me to do the same to him. I asked my co teacher later about that and was told he was probably drunk. I also saw an old guy steal some chicken from the Turkish kebab guy; the only highlight of my trip. Unfortunately I dropped my camera and discovered on Monday that it just shows a lot of pink; I'd say the sensor has been bumped or damaged.
I was given a lot of socks on Tuesday, I think it was just a perfect storm of dumping over sized new socks. I gave my Vice Principal some whiskey in return.
Yesterday I went to Daegu and finally got my Alien Registration Card. It took literally less than 3 minutes. Scan my fingers, sign my name, done. My VP took me to go shopping. He ignored my request and took me to the most expensive place I've ever seen. I found jeans that fit, but they were about $160USD and looked like something a 17 year old would wear; I don't want to be covered in your brand. I took a photo of the tag, as it had the sizing on it and we tried one more place. I'd been there before but it was like an indoor market without walls, on multiple stories. I found a place that had jeans and I even got some grey pants combined for $70. I think I might try the online route from now on.
On the way out I saw bedding, and armed with the fact that my bed is super single (as sheets I got from someone else were too small) I managed to purchase a fitted sheet for $30.
One of the Americans here in Yeongyang is a part time soldier, so he gets access to the Army post. If I give him $100 USD he can get a kindle for me. I can't resist to be honest; I haven't seen an English book to buy since I've been here.