Yesterday was great; the weather was fantastic, the All Blacks had progressed to the finals and everything went well. My birthday present to myself arrived; a 16kg kettlebell, which was much to the amusement of my co-workers. And I took the plunge and withdrew the majority of my bank account and gave it to a friend to buy me a laptop; saving me the desire to head to the US for winter break (which in airfare alone would recoup the cost) so I'm pretty much skint until next week, but I have the airfare money on the other account. Oh yeah, I also gave him money for a kindle. So I bought myself some awesome presents. I mean, with my new phone, laptop, kettlebell, electric toothbrush and limitless pizza, I feel like I'm living in the land of abundance.
Yesterday I convinced my co-teachers we should go out to lunch, and was prepared to make it my shout, but my co-teacher covered it for me. I had bipimbap, which is always delicious. And then we waled around for a while and I got a fruit smoothie. My afternoon class, another session with the same class in the afternoon, was cancelled due to some health lecture. Didn't complain.
In the evening a few of the NETs (Native English Teachers) came round and we went to dinner at a restaurant and had some delicious fried chicken and pork.
So yeah, my day rocked.