Month in review

Posted on 5:37 PM, under

I went to Busan, saw some fireworks (50 odd minutes worth) when my phone uploads the video I'll post it. Didn't take too long to get there; we made it in under 4 hours (we were expecting around 5) Met some people and shared a hotel room.

The following weekend I went to Daegu and was lucky enough to go to an American army base, which is more American than America itself. I guess it's to compensate for being away from home. I had Burger King, with the menu in USD and I went shopping and got some jeans a thermal top. The gluttony of Burger King could explain why I got the wrong size (ovewrsized) jeans; I should have done the clothes shopping first.

The weekend before last, I stayed in and played video games with my friends from NZ. It was like a group voice chat with killing zombies.

Last weekend I went to Seoul, met some guy on the bus from the the city next to me and spent the day together as neither of us had been there before, or had major plans. I had a party to attend that night and so we had lunch, met his ex co worker and had lunch. We went to another part of the city for a drink and then she left and we went to see the lantern people and meet my friends. I lost him during that, but he wanted to go shopping, so the rest of the events saw me up until 5. Not having a place to stay, or the desire to pay for 4 hours sleep I walked the city, part exploring, part looking for the bus stop. It was cold, but nice to see the city of 12 million (I'm not checking that figure) with hardly any people around. I couldn't be bothered spending more time in Seoul; I didn't want anything and if I want clothes I could get them later. So I took the 7:30am bus back to Andong.

At Andong I went to Emart, my nearest major shopping centre, and got a new headset as my microphone apparently made a buzzing, an Xbox controller, cream cheese (on special - so x6) and Mainland cheese. New Zealand cheese! I do hope it wasn't worse for wear on the journey home (2 hours, warm weather) Kind of bummed that a cheese grater isn't too easy to find too.

If only I had corn chips, mince, chili beans, spice and an oven. Actually, why did I get this cheese?



edit post

1 Reply to "Month in review"

  • Saffy's mum on November 22, 2011 at 9:47 AM

    You are certainly getting around and seeing some of the country.