Yeterday was a next to nothing day and today will be even less. I had my medical check and ate meals, so I'm keeping up. More people are arriving by the day and we will be the biggest group to date at around over 90. The only progress we've made so far is we had our first meeting and covered some topics. We got a schedule that shows I've got a crash course in, well everything really.

So far I've been unphased by jet lag. Some are really suffering and taking midday naps after. I would like to suggest a nice big old cup of harden the fuck up, but I guess some just fare better than others. I'm expecting to hit the wall in a few days. I'm sleeping from around 11pm to 6:15am, but somewhere I'm sure I have to pay for the 2 hours sleep over 42 hours travel.

Last night, well late afternoon we decided we were bored of the hotel and decided to be independent; as independent as a group of 10 can be. We got directions back here and to were we wanted to go and haggled a taxi to the appropriate rate of 5 Lari and then headed off to a an outdoor bar. We order beer and have no idea of the cost and we read our glass and see the matching word to the sign on this outdoor truck and it's followed by 1.20. Surprisingly I haven't looked up exchange rates, but for back of a napkin math I put the NZD/USD at 70c and USD/GEL at 1.8 so I think each beer was roughly around 90c. If these rates are across the board then our monthly salaries will be good for living here at least.

The city itself is quite nice. I'll make more of an effort to brave the heat today and get a look around; we're due to move to another place for training so I should make use of the time here while I can. We also got cell phones today so I can call anyone in TLG for free, which includes my peers, not just the administration. I can also recieve international calls without paying, so that's nice; probably really expensive though.

edit post

0 Reply to "Jet lag is for pussies (or at least until I get it)"