Well my week leading up to my departure was kind of meh. I was proactive about getting my tooth re-done and that was an easy job, it also led to the discovery of decay on the tooth above that. My new dentist, being awesome, declared the redo easy and charged me two for the price of one. I also went shopping and got pits and pieces, including a travel adapter for England; turns out I'm not in England.
I got my ticket information on Saturday morning. Keeping in mind I was expecting to fly out on Friday you could perhaps see how this was becoming a touch stressful. Instead of driving to Auckland I got a connecting flight there because I know I wouldn't get sick of planes in a hurry any time soon.
Forty two hours of planes and airports later I was in Georgia. Bangkok looked amazing flying in at night and I'd love to go there properly one day. The airport was massive, like walk a few kilometres and navigate four stories massive. Still it would of been nice to see outside of the airtime during the day; I felt a bit sad being the only non bronzed one leaving for Istanbul. Bastards.
Istanbul was the most brutal part of the trip. I arrived at the airport at around 5:15am and left after about 1:45pm after delays. But thank fuck I wont be doing that sort of travelling for a while.
I arrived and immediately got delayed with the passport. The girl in front of me took a while and when I presented mine he flicked through it, twice, then gave a what-the-fuck kind of chuckle then just rubber stamped me. There was a camera man catching my arrival for the BBC. Which I'm going to admit it's never been an issue before and normally it would be ok, if I hadn't been sitting around for 42 hours in the same clothes. I didn't feel as nasty as I thought it would have been, but still.
Now we're at the hotel to unwind and I have dinner in 10 mins. It's like an oven out here, I know I'll regret saying this but bring on winter.
I've also learned how to say "Thank you" and "Hello"
I got my ticket information on Saturday morning. Keeping in mind I was expecting to fly out on Friday you could perhaps see how this was becoming a touch stressful. Instead of driving to Auckland I got a connecting flight there because I know I wouldn't get sick of planes in a hurry any time soon.
Forty two hours of planes and airports later I was in Georgia. Bangkok looked amazing flying in at night and I'd love to go there properly one day. The airport was massive, like walk a few kilometres and navigate four stories massive. Still it would of been nice to see outside of the airtime during the day; I felt a bit sad being the only non bronzed one leaving for Istanbul. Bastards.
Istanbul was the most brutal part of the trip. I arrived at the airport at around 5:15am and left after about 1:45pm after delays. But thank fuck I wont be doing that sort of travelling for a while.
I arrived and immediately got delayed with the passport. The girl in front of me took a while and when I presented mine he flicked through it, twice, then gave a what-the-fuck kind of chuckle then just rubber stamped me. There was a camera man catching my arrival for the BBC. Which I'm going to admit it's never been an issue before and normally it would be ok, if I hadn't been sitting around for 42 hours in the same clothes. I didn't feel as nasty as I thought it would have been, but still.
Now we're at the hotel to unwind and I have dinner in 10 mins. It's like an oven out here, I know I'll regret saying this but bring on winter.
I've also learned how to say "Thank you" and "Hello"