Life as of late:

Posted on 9:44 PM, under

I really haven't touched on what I'm doing with myself in great detail as of late. I don't have any work stories as such, and if I did I wouldn't rehash them for fear of falling asleep as I type. Or, more accurately, for fear of being a hypocrite. I don't like listening to the same work stories at every meal break. Today is just a fuzzy carbon copy of yesterday. So I'll try and take this on a macro level.

My day is spent shuffling boxes between people and spent lifting things. I fear either my arm or back muscles may get worn out soon enough if I don't sharpen up my technique in my 10 hour a day cardboard handling marathon. Now that I'm on my third week I'm making an effort to not bleed as much (yes, ambitious I know) as cardboard is sharp and it really is just a numbers game. I've also taken aboard the goal to learn as many different jobs as I can. So far I've mastered my old job from '02, my new job I'm too good at it to do,(which I'll get into below) I've learned how to do the basic technical roles which I may have mentioned earlier. So far every new job skill I've picked up has taken less than two minutes to teach me. I guess that's why I pay $30 a week back to the Government for the education I received. I'm glad I'm making good use of it.

As for my boisterous clam of being too good at my job it may make more sense when I explain what happens in my side role as a fruit inspector. We sample 200 fruit, then we count the fruit that don't meet the standards. From there we either sample more fruit, accept it how it is or just reject the pallet. I find too many faults so am inclined to try and fail more pallets then others. I'm told to move stickers around to cover defects. Which bothers me, not for the deception, but when our work is checked they aim to test boxes we haven't examined/doctored. Now I can't see the advantage in passing a pallet because we boosted a sample. But this issue would be my number two to query. The disdain for the night shift workers is an amazing phenomena. We get to check some of the stuff from the end of their shift at the start of our shift and this really gets to some people, with the most senior people getting most riled up. Even getting to the point of refusing to check work from night shift because there's too much wrong with it.

So my job (and the last two paragraphs) can be summed up as check the good stuff, conceal minor fails and bleed a lot.

And now you know why I don't like talking about work.

edit post

0 Reply to "Life as of late:"