Well today was ANZAC day. I was going under the assumption that work would be off for the day on this national holiday but that wasn't to be. Instead they opted to pay me time and half and a day in lieu. Lovely. For those counting at home that works out as 2.5 times what I'd normally earn that day.
The gears in my head got into motion and I was working out what I would do with said cash. My first instinct was to look into the acquisition of a bouncy castle. Sadly on subsequent research my additional earnings were well short of that mark. (£679 in case you were wondering. This also includes "FREE membership to British Inflatable Hirers Alliance." That is quite a guild to be part of right there.
I guess plan B is to just save it. And I hope most of the other people at work do the same with this unexpected cash bonus. If it were a series of smaller payments it would be easier to piss them away, which maybe goes to explain why a stimulus plan takes a while to kick in.
That or the recession would be over if bouncy castles were made affordable for the average Joe. Ball's in your court government.
The gears in my head got into motion and I was working out what I would do with said cash. My first instinct was to look into the acquisition of a bouncy castle. Sadly on subsequent research my additional earnings were well short of that mark. (£679 in case you were wondering. This also includes "FREE membership to British Inflatable Hirers Alliance." That is quite a guild to be part of right there.
I guess plan B is to just save it. And I hope most of the other people at work do the same with this unexpected cash bonus. If it were a series of smaller payments it would be easier to piss them away, which maybe goes to explain why a stimulus plan takes a while to kick in.
That or the recession would be over if bouncy castles were made affordable for the average Joe. Ball's in your court government.