Well that excitement was short lived

Posted on 1:05 AM, under

I didn't get the job. Which puts me in a pickle. I'm currently in short term housing as an unemployed student who has finished his degree and enrolled in classes he doesn't go to because they're shit. Of course I need to remain enrolled so I don't starve. See at this point I'm worse off than I was two weeks ago. I have less chance of finding work before Christmas because well it's closer to Christmas and who wants staff over Christmas?

I'm really getting disenchanted with the whole process and this room does not help. It's fucking tiny! With all my shit in here it comes to near standing room only, meaning things are inaccessible and need to be unpacked and repacked to be used. Of course I don't unpack cause I don't want to repack too much should I get to move.

But even this doesn't excite me. I play out the various scenarios in my head and I don't see myself that happy in any outcome. If I get a place that means I need income. I could carry on studying, which I really don't want to do. Or I could try and find a job, which going by the job market and the recession will quite likely be shit at best. I've applied for shit jobs, apparently my lack of customer service experience is a problem. Interview questions get hard to give good answers when your customer service is limited to trees, farms, kiwi fruit and Americans.

Forgive me for ranting the negative rant, but I'm done with it all. I don't want to be here any more. But I don't want to be there either as I don't think location is the issue. My degree is useless without post grad and I'd need more to get it, which I don't want to do, so it becomes "a degree" no more, no less.

Being forced into a tiny room has done a few things. It's shown me my packing skills get less ambitious at 3am, I have a lot of stuff I don't really need and that my back pack can block a wardrobe pretty well. And the more I stare at that back the more I want it to be the only thing I take with me.

edit post

1 Reply to "Well that excitement was short lived"

  • Anonymous on November 22, 2008 at 11:09 AM

    I like your blog.
    Paulo
    Portugal