Results came in today and I was dreading to know how my first COML exam went. The midterm was a shambles and the exam wasn't too hot either. But fuck it I got a C. While not too pretty, it was the hardest of the COML papers and had a high failure rate. My other one gave me a B, which I'm more disappointed in than my C to be honest. I thought I was lining up an A. But anyway, this means I graduate with a double major.
Spanish is a sham. Let me correct that. Spanish at Victoria is a sham. They pack a bunch of you in a room and you repeat things as a group. I can't learn a language like that, hell I could barely learn my times table that way. I end up pronouncing stuff right but forgetting what I was saying. On top of that they want me to go to two tutorials a week which will be during my other classes when they start. Consequently I ended up sleeping through the second lecture today and I might look and changing but really I'm hoping I get a job instead so I can drop the lot.
Speaking of which I find out on Friday if I get the job I interviewed for. Fingers crossed I guess. The fact they're checking my references is enough to give me hope. And even if it doesn't go through it isn't a major, I'm amazed they're even looking at people at this stage of the year. But I'm not sure when they start work anyway.
I'm also still looking for a place. I found another one on Upland road (about three houses from the one that fell through) it's even closer to the cable car, north facing room and a decent sized room, but I get this vibe that says no. I don't know why, it meets all my mental criteria, but I think it might of been when one of them said we can go days without seeing each other put me off a tad. I've always loved hanging out with my flatmates. The vast majority of them have been good people. Maybe I need to start making the search area larger. I don't know, but at least the degree is done in my axis of shit to worry about.
Spanish is a sham. Let me correct that. Spanish at Victoria is a sham. They pack a bunch of you in a room and you repeat things as a group. I can't learn a language like that, hell I could barely learn my times table that way. I end up pronouncing stuff right but forgetting what I was saying. On top of that they want me to go to two tutorials a week which will be during my other classes when they start. Consequently I ended up sleeping through the second lecture today and I might look and changing but really I'm hoping I get a job instead so I can drop the lot.
Speaking of which I find out on Friday if I get the job I interviewed for. Fingers crossed I guess. The fact they're checking my references is enough to give me hope. And even if it doesn't go through it isn't a major, I'm amazed they're even looking at people at this stage of the year. But I'm not sure when they start work anyway.
I'm also still looking for a place. I found another one on Upland road (about three houses from the one that fell through) it's even closer to the cable car, north facing room and a decent sized room, but I get this vibe that says no. I don't know why, it meets all my mental criteria, but I think it might of been when one of them said we can go days without seeing each other put me off a tad. I've always loved hanging out with my flatmates. The vast majority of them have been good people. Maybe I need to start making the search area larger. I don't know, but at least the degree is done in my axis of shit to worry about.