Yesterday was move out day in more ways than one. For those of you who didn't know the election went towards National. I voted Labour myself, but am not too disappointed by the result. National got enough to govern with the ACT party and they share similar values, so at the least it will be clean governing. Which I guess is better than four or five parties banding together to form a government. The election saw Winston Peters and Helen Clark leave. I think I'll miss Helen. Winston can go make out with the business end of a wood chipper.
Also yesterday the street, or what's left of it, pretty much disbanded. It wasn't as obvious with this being Little America, the collective bucket that is Landcross street had sprung a leak a while ago. But a lot of Kiwis left and they're more noticeable as they have stuff.
I managed to get another week here in this fortress of solitude. And already it feels 1000x bigger with Michelle having just left. True to form she made me a cake which I had to take out of the oven after she left. She truly was an awesome flat mate and haven't been as sad about losing people since 2006. I'm normally good at putting shit like this into perspective and while I'm not the snivelling wreck I was in 2006 I feel my circumstances are worse now than they were then. AKA almost everyone I know is now gone from Wellington and as well as the new circle of friends to establish I also have to make the transition into proper adult life.
I've pretty much resigned myself to Plan C in my life plans. I've stopped focus on the need for an immediate job and will take a good job when it comes. To tie myself over I'll take some more courses and get Studylink money. So now the attention shifts from job to residence hunting. And from what I've seen my current situation isn't the best value. And that's not even taking into consideration I get cheaper rent with this being a job.
T-6 days till eviction?
Also yesterday the street, or what's left of it, pretty much disbanded. It wasn't as obvious with this being Little America, the collective bucket that is Landcross street had sprung a leak a while ago. But a lot of Kiwis left and they're more noticeable as they have stuff.
I managed to get another week here in this fortress of solitude. And already it feels 1000x bigger with Michelle having just left. True to form she made me a cake which I had to take out of the oven after she left. She truly was an awesome flat mate and haven't been as sad about losing people since 2006. I'm normally good at putting shit like this into perspective and while I'm not the snivelling wreck I was in 2006 I feel my circumstances are worse now than they were then. AKA almost everyone I know is now gone from Wellington and as well as the new circle of friends to establish I also have to make the transition into proper adult life.
I've pretty much resigned myself to Plan C in my life plans. I've stopped focus on the need for an immediate job and will take a good job when it comes. To tie myself over I'll take some more courses and get Studylink money. So now the attention shifts from job to residence hunting. And from what I've seen my current situation isn't the best value. And that's not even taking into consideration I get cheaper rent with this being a job.
T-6 days till eviction?