Wednesday was a nice treat for myself. To celebrate the opening of the new Bond movie I went to the Embassy theatre with some friends and did the Bond double feature which had Casino Royale, a glass of wine and Quantum of Solace. This was the same theatre that did the Lord of the Rings premier. I do have to say those seats at the back aren't that comfy. The place itself was grand, but I had to keep adjusting myself to put up with it.

As for the movie itself I'm kind of divided on it. On one hand it had action scenes that probably surpassed any Bond film I can think of, the story on the other hand didn't fit the mould of a Bond flick. I really don't know what to say with it to be fair.

Friday saw me hike up to the heavens. Well, the wind turbine at least. I looked at the map, remembered Dylan's verbal directions and followed them to a lower case f. Yeah, the f is for failure. I took the wrong track. I don't even think this was a track of sorts. It went past a mattress in the wilderness and ended up under big powerlines and then onto a private driveway. I ended up navigating the suburbs on instinct making my way on to the top. I saw some old gun turrets on top of the hill, the wind turbine, an amazing view of the city and a white horse. I'll post pictures when I can be bothered.

The real kicker was when I came down the actual track and ended up about 20m from where I started. Turns out my standards of track are too low.

In other news I have commenced the moving process. I dropped off a sleeping bag, a book, some sunscreen and a rugby ball. Not too much in the scheme of things but it's a start. Tomorrow I hire a van, load my shit and unload my shit. It's been over two weeks since I've moved and I find myself saying, wow I wish I could enjoy the fun of moving again because that was a great weekend last time.

Oh wait, no it wasn't. At least I might be there more longer term.

edit post

0 Reply to "To the tops of Wellington and back again I go"