Touch (Log o) Wood

Posted on 11:30 PM, under

Ranfurly Shield on parade

Yesterday you could of told me I was in a coma and it was now February. Of course I wouldn't believe you, but the weather would verify your claim. Today I left the house and it was foggy, at midday.

I made it down to the parade opting to go near the mid point due to leaving the house late. I swear, the earlier I wake up, the later I become. The parade was traveling at a crawl. When the shield finally comes within view some guy runs to the next float with it. The only picture I had was a blur. I chased them down, then got like 30,000 photos. People were getting close enough to touch it. I, like a rube, got within reach just to take photos (see above). After they left I realised I had an hour to kill and faced with the prospect of putting a solid hour into an essay that is due. I decided the goal of touching a piece of New Zealand history got priority. I had to stand next to school children to do it. They wanted autographs and other tangible shit. I'm such a rugby geek.

My essay is due tomorrow, so I plonked myself in a computer lab after tutorials and got about 40% of the content down. Which was better than the 40 words I managed yesterday. When I was walking home with my sugar crash I got knocked around by the wind. It was horrible. It was so windy that a guy had his beanie blown off at the intersection (on a motor bike) and it went to the next intersection, a city block.

Our internet cap has hit for the month. I warned the flat that it would be hit within the week - yesterday(!) I could bump it up, but then nobody learns. Maybe if I'm lucky an American learns about sustainability. But I'll settle for Katie never saying the word Chrisykins when she wants something.

edit post

0 Reply to "Touch (Log o) Wood"