Unbeatable Experience submission

Posted on 3:52 AM, under

Ever since I read Shantaram by Gregory Roberts I knew I wanted to experience India the same way he did, embracing a land rich with culture, history and most importantly its people. Reading about how an escaped convict could change his life through helping others in rural India and whilst living in the slums is an inspiration and a fantasy that has captivated me since I first read his book years ago. And while I do not find myself on the run from anything, I do however find myself longing for answers to life, something that would fill that hollow feeling one gets from not answering that call to do more with their lives.
I do consider myself fortunate. I’m currently in my last semester at university, have good health and have had the opportunity to live and study abroad, something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I’m also about to embark on a new chapter of my life which will see me leave university and out to stake my place in the world.

However, before I do this I would love to volunteer myself and take part in the unbeatable experience to help those that are less fortunate than me and in doing so connect and live with people whom I would never get the opportunity to under ordinary circumstances.
Having seen the damage and hardship done first hand to the people of New Orleans from hurricane Katrina and the feeling of anger and frustration from the lack of progress two years after the event I feel the opportunity to do my part to help others in hardship is too great to pass up. I have much more to see in this world and to be able to volunteer would a humbling experience that would enrich my life. I’m sure that during the two weeks I would enrich those that I can help and connect with and hopefully leave a lasting impact on them by showing them that humanity has not discarded them.

Thank you for your consideration.

Chris Anderson

edit post

0 Reply to "Unbeatable Experience submission"