Coast to coast without leaving the room

Posted on 11:46 PM, under

So far I've gone four consecutive days without cutting class. Little steps I guess. On the theme of little steps I took the plunge and have joined in the Rec Centers "Coast to Coast challenge". It is a simulated distance between Christchurch and Greymouth and so far I'm doing well, my long hauls on the bikes have seen me catch up and pass some people despite only been at it for two days.

The race consists of
3km running
55km cycling
33km running
67km rowing (by far the most dreaded part)
70km cycling

Cycling by far is the easiest part, I knock that off in 20km chunks. Oh yeah, it's over a month. I'm not suicidal enough to to this in one go. The person in the lead is stuck on the first peg of rowing. I have made it past the first running leg and have done 45km of the cycling. This could be something that would get me out of bed in the morning as the rowing is one that will take the most time. Two sessions of 5km a day would knock it off pretty quick. But I'll take it one day at a time.

I'll keep my progress updated as I go.

edit post

1 Reply to "Coast to coast without leaving the room"

  • andipopandi on July 13, 2008 at 7:21 AM

    good luck!

    don't get dehydrated when you are rowing 60km :P