I would like to be able to say that it was a forward pass in the dying stages of the game that cost us again, but no, we were genuinely beaten by a side reduced to fourteen men. I can also take some solace in the fact that we learned a lesson from that fateful game in Cardiff against France and did resort to attempting the drop goal. I can also take some solace in that as we saw on Saturday that it is not a sure thing and may have ended in the same way, not as our world cup saving grace.
That's all I want to say on that game, I can't really fault the All Blacks, so I'm not going to flog that horse I guess.
Today (being Sunday) the weather was true to the clear cut forecast, it was gorgeous. Knowing that in advance thanks to my favourite New Zealand weather site metvuw.com I finally took action on my plan to go to Cape Palliser.
I thought driving there would be pretty clear cut, online maps were vague after hitting SH53 and it was not the case, but each wrong turn was a beautiful detour. And we still managed to get there with enough good light.

The trip to the top of the lighthouse is a 250 step elevation, people tired in front of us but Wellington makes you battle hardened for steps. After that was done we descended down to what I read was the largest seal colony in the country. And sure enough there was a lot there. At one point we were taking photos and I came up to my car a different way we had came and I ran closely past a seal without seeing at me. The growl it made at me gave me a hell of a shock. He didn't move so I took some pics of him (see below). All and all a good day out.

That's all I want to say on that game, I can't really fault the All Blacks, so I'm not going to flog that horse I guess.
Today (being Sunday) the weather was true to the clear cut forecast, it was gorgeous. Knowing that in advance thanks to my favourite New Zealand weather site metvuw.com I finally took action on my plan to go to Cape Palliser.
I thought driving there would be pretty clear cut, online maps were vague after hitting SH53 and it was not the case, but each wrong turn was a beautiful detour. And we still managed to get there with enough good light.

The trip to the top of the lighthouse is a 250 step elevation, people tired in front of us but Wellington makes you battle hardened for steps. After that was done we descended down to what I read was the largest seal colony in the country. And sure enough there was a lot there. At one point we were taking photos and I came up to my car a different way we had came and I ran closely past a seal without seeing at me. The growl it made at me gave me a hell of a shock. He didn't move so I took some pics of him (see below). All and all a good day out.
