How complicated could it be?

Posted on 12:45 PM, under

So I'm a little in dismay about the latest announcements from the government lately. Firstly having by stating they have no qualms with the selling of Wellingtons power grid because it's not deemed "strategic" yet an airport in Auckland is. I'm in two minds about this one. Clearly the network wont be leaving Wellington as far as I can tell and I am a closet fan of public entities in private hands (ie Telecom) but the whole thing just took me back after they blocked the sale of Auckland airport.

The other was the shooting down of taking off GST on grocery items. It's down in a lot of countries and I fell in love the idea of it when I was in Pennsylvania, then again to not have tax dumped on top of the sticker price was a novelty in itself. But it just feels like the most appropriate kind of tax relief for people. Even a tiered GST system would be better, with a lowered tax on grocery items. It would help the middle and lower class who don't eat out as often and especially with the introduction of the emissions scheme in the future, but that's just my two cents.

Oh and as no doubt you all have read of the Austrian guy hiding his daughter in the dungeon under the house, firstly I'm kind of curious to how that got there in the first place, surely he worked on it prior to kidnapping her, was it a series of secret weekend projects or what? Also feeding and keeping four people must of been expensive, I'm kind of curious as to how the family above ground didn't notice.

Still, to be held in captivity longer than I've been alive is too much of a scenario to even fathom.

edit post

0 Reply to "How complicated could it be?"