Well I'm home, yes it was via the earlier ferry crossing and yes I made it to school today, early at that. That answers all the questions I think.
The drive to catch the possibility of the earlier ferry crossing has more than qualified me for joining the amazing race. Sadly I think the race part is not about a contest but more the American people as I'm sure it's just Americans racing each other. The boat ride provided, 3/4 of a Chiefs game and yet another chance meet and greet with more people from my street and others, ending in me ferrying people to their place and returning for more. I am car bitch.
I've kind of jumped the gun though, a quick recap is in order. We went to Mt Cook, we star gazed, which was not as cool and vivid as last time, we did Kea point and once again were impressed by the lack of Keas, same goes for Hooker Valley. We photographed Mt Cook then headed for Lake Tekapo. We ate, photographed the church, rode a statue of a sheep dog and moved on to Christchurch.
Christchurch was really just dropping of Rebecca and me grabbing stuff from Mum. I spent more time looking for Helkett road then in Christchurch and to be honest I'm happy with that. That night we drank and watched the entire first season of The Office (American).
The next day, down a man, well a Woman in this case, we set off. I went coast to coast on half a tank of gas. Take that America/Australia and other wide countries. After that drive I pledge not to do Arthur's Pass in winter. Mind you I pledged to clean my room before the trip and it took me 2 mins to find my backpack for school so who knows really what will happen.
We ended up in Greymouth for one of the best stops of the night. For a mere $25 I got nearly shitfaced on the Monteiths brewery tour (I do well with the drink) and full on buffet BBQ and watched the Crusaders beat the Blues. Then at around 9:30pm the bar staff asked us if we wanted to stay for the 11:30pm drum and bass shin dig. I think I would of paid $10 to leave, not stay for that. We left and like 10:30 and I think there were 3 girls in the bar that weren't employed there. And two of them came on the bar tour with us. I guess there was more to the all you can eat sausage than just the BBQ food. Wrong.
The next day was a short stint up north to Punakaiki which was sunny and flat seas, not quite the stormy natural rocky wonder as I remember. And maybe Ryan was right when he said after all we have seen on this trip maybe you need more to impress you. We headed up to Westport for lunch. I craved McDonalds, if only for a shake. Despite being a sizeable town, no fast food places at all. This shocked me as I've never seen a town of that size with no fast food places. Ghetto Hawaiian burger for the win.
After leaving I pondered the idea of instead of catching the 10pm ferry, lets aim for the earlier one. Now you can re read the second paragraph with more comprehension.
The drive to catch the possibility of the earlier ferry crossing has more than qualified me for joining the amazing race. Sadly I think the race part is not about a contest but more the American people as I'm sure it's just Americans racing each other. The boat ride provided, 3/4 of a Chiefs game and yet another chance meet and greet with more people from my street and others, ending in me ferrying people to their place and returning for more. I am car bitch.
I've kind of jumped the gun though, a quick recap is in order. We went to Mt Cook, we star gazed, which was not as cool and vivid as last time, we did Kea point and once again were impressed by the lack of Keas, same goes for Hooker Valley. We photographed Mt Cook then headed for Lake Tekapo. We ate, photographed the church, rode a statue of a sheep dog and moved on to Christchurch.
Christchurch was really just dropping of Rebecca and me grabbing stuff from Mum. I spent more time looking for Helkett road then in Christchurch and to be honest I'm happy with that. That night we drank and watched the entire first season of The Office (American).
The next day, down a man, well a Woman in this case, we set off. I went coast to coast on half a tank of gas. Take that America/Australia and other wide countries. After that drive I pledge not to do Arthur's Pass in winter. Mind you I pledged to clean my room before the trip and it took me 2 mins to find my backpack for school so who knows really what will happen.
We ended up in Greymouth for one of the best stops of the night. For a mere $25 I got nearly shitfaced on the Monteiths brewery tour (I do well with the drink) and full on buffet BBQ and watched the Crusaders beat the Blues. Then at around 9:30pm the bar staff asked us if we wanted to stay for the 11:30pm drum and bass shin dig. I think I would of paid $10 to leave, not stay for that. We left and like 10:30 and I think there were 3 girls in the bar that weren't employed there. And two of them came on the bar tour with us. I guess there was more to the all you can eat sausage than just the BBQ food. Wrong.
The next day was a short stint up north to Punakaiki which was sunny and flat seas, not quite the stormy natural rocky wonder as I remember. And maybe Ryan was right when he said after all we have seen on this trip maybe you need more to impress you. We headed up to Westport for lunch. I craved McDonalds, if only for a shake. Despite being a sizeable town, no fast food places at all. This shocked me as I've never seen a town of that size with no fast food places. Ghetto Hawaiian burger for the win.
After leaving I pondered the idea of instead of catching the 10pm ferry, lets aim for the earlier one. Now you can re read the second paragraph with more comprehension.