Waitangi Day

Posted on 12:24 PM, under

Well Telecom has been, I have a phone number (044759215), but here's the kicker, I don't have a phone. So until I get one from the University Hall, I imagine you won't get much success. Continuing with the home development theme I now have hot water, the same guys who did that came in and took my army of office chairs away, before I had a chance to bind them together and make a crazy snake of some sorts. It's a wee bit hard to entertain myself in an empty house without the internet.

I still have to get my stuff from the old flat, they're expecting me, but Rosie and Teresa moved out, so I really don't anyone there. What makes things more difficult is that the girls took a couple of my appliances across town to their new place, which I appreciate them holding on too. Just kind of pain that what was going to be a 12 min round trip walk is now a venture across town using buses etc and I still have this thing about the buses in Wellington. I used the ones in America fine. They were simple, but then again State College wasn't that big.

I did get to see the Super bowl, I was going to give up and not try, but it stopped raining and I ran out of ways to entertain myself so I checked out the bars and it was on Sky Sport, not ESPN, which seems to be impossible to play in bars in NZ. If I did get round to betting on the Giants I would of profited by $20 - $40, depending how lavish I was feeling. $5 the TAB was paying, I hope the bookies got burned for those odds.

Training day tomorrow. I got an outline and some pamphlets and it covered stuff like alcohol and eating disorders. Am I really going to notice someone’s eating patterns change? I mean I struggle to notice a new haircut sometimes. But whatever, I think tomorrow will mostly be about meeting the other University Hall people and I'm not one to resist a BBQ.

edit post

0 Reply to "Waitangi Day"