Sunday we hiked up Mt Victoria. I uploaded some pictures. I'm hooked on panoramic photo making for some reason. It was a nice day, we then had Satay Kingdom, one of those things I've wanted to do since I went away. Good times.
I can already feel the honeymoon is over between our nice flat dynamic. Two of my Americans are sick of each other and one doesn't want to be there from the start. I feel my relationship with them is going ok, but it's not as rosie as the first few nights. I think the communal food thing has been tried and failed. That's ok, I like cooking my own stuff, I just like sharing meal time.
I've now got wireless going here, I've also setup with great difficulty the flat next door (some computers just don't play ball) and rather easily the flat across the road. I think it will be one more flat if I'm needed.
After doing the easy flat's internet, I was outside and the grounds keeper approached us asking us if any of us want 5 hours a week work, long story short I was referred to Joy, who wants to check with the dude who referred me and I could soon be weed eating and mowing for an afternoon of my choosing 5 hours a week. For some reason they tell me there is training. Which is both surprising and not surprising, I mean we did have training to live with Americans, which was sort of a joke. But hey, at $13 an hour and I choose my own schedule I can't go too wrong. $50 extra a week after student allowance is quite a luxury.
I am still hoping to find a real job. And by real I don't mean student job, I want something credible for after I graduate, banking or public sector, whatever.
Off to make breakfast, which could be difficult due to me eating the last of my muesli for dinner. I think a shop is on the cards today.
I can already feel the honeymoon is over between our nice flat dynamic. Two of my Americans are sick of each other and one doesn't want to be there from the start. I feel my relationship with them is going ok, but it's not as rosie as the first few nights. I think the communal food thing has been tried and failed. That's ok, I like cooking my own stuff, I just like sharing meal time.
I've now got wireless going here, I've also setup with great difficulty the flat next door (some computers just don't play ball) and rather easily the flat across the road. I think it will be one more flat if I'm needed.
After doing the easy flat's internet, I was outside and the grounds keeper approached us asking us if any of us want 5 hours a week work, long story short I was referred to Joy, who wants to check with the dude who referred me and I could soon be weed eating and mowing for an afternoon of my choosing 5 hours a week. For some reason they tell me there is training. Which is both surprising and not surprising, I mean we did have training to live with Americans, which was sort of a joke. But hey, at $13 an hour and I choose my own schedule I can't go too wrong. $50 extra a week after student allowance is quite a luxury.
I am still hoping to find a real job. And by real I don't mean student job, I want something credible for after I graduate, banking or public sector, whatever.
Off to make breakfast, which could be difficult due to me eating the last of my muesli for dinner. I think a shop is on the cards today.