And I'm off again

Posted on 11:15 PM, under

I did write a post during my stay here, but the internet ate it and it wasn't significant enough to rehash.

But a quick recap of what (little) I did here:

The first week was spent helping build a patio. It's done and along with that went any task of merit that made me get up at a decent hour.

I had fish & chips. A meal I tried having in America and being disappointed every time. America please don't pass of French Fries as Chips. And please don't make the fish have perfect lines and have flat sides. I don't recall seeing any fish like this in nature. In fact, give it up, stick to the awesome Mexican food that I fell in love with and always go confused over.

I did go kayaking once, got half way and decided that being in too small a kayak was too frustrating being rotated when I stopped paddling.

Slowly processed and sorted documents and other artifacts, burning a large sack of paper felt kind of good. I've decreased my stuff by about 1/3. The stuff I didn't chuck out I realise I don't need, but still have unnecessary attachments to. It's a process.

Purchased the "Ultimate Steal" got Office Ultimate for $59 USD. My own copy of Office. I feel like I'm growing up.

Today I did an hours work and made some lady's day (no not like that you pervert) I did some tech work getting software running with Vista. Made a princely $40. Watched a bit of the Sevens. USA kicked it off with an upset by beating Argentina. It's good to see a country of over 300 million can muster up about 10 guys to make a competitive Sevens team.

So anyway, the 4 wheel drive is loaded with my stuff, my mattress is on the trailer and I'm set to be woken in about five and a half hours.

All and all it will be good to have one final year at Vic before branching off into the big wild world.

edit post

0 Reply to "And I'm off again"