New Room

Posted on 2:52 PM, under ,

I for some reason have been put in the Honors halls. I guess my straight C's back home were awesome enough. Here the honors hall is like the Hilton compared to the Motel 6, or something. I guesstimate that my room is about 25sq meters and is rather nice. I'm situated about 45 seconds from College Avenue, which if you look on the map is the edge of town, so being of drinking age makes this more of a benefit. I look forward to staying there, this will be my last night in East Halls with the other foreigners. Kind of sad really as I've met some interesting people and it has been neat being around them before the American invasion will make it harder to see each other. That and 30 min walks from end to end of campus.

We met some guy in a bar who is a 5th year senior that said he may be able to get us into football games, the guy seemed awesome and offered for me to come round and play guitar hero and other video games. And told us to attend his tail gate party (drinking and BBQ in the car park outside the football games) which is the only time you can drink in public in PA. This place has a lot of trust issues with trying to buy beer. Beer is not sold in the same venue that spirits or wine are sold and you can only buy so much at a time. I had to buy 1 dozen, walk it to the curb, place it on the sidewalk and make a new transaction to get two dozen. It also feels like being 16 again when serious logistics come into who buys beer here.

Also there is no sorority housing as more than 6 unrelated women living together is considered a brothel. Go go land of the free.

edit post

0 Reply to "New Room"