Well as promised Vicky delivered on the t-shirt. And I must say it is rather dashing. I'll try and work out images but it's red with what appears to be a blatant steal of the NZ air force logo. Which does indeed look awesome.
She also included a free jump off the Auckland harbor bridge, which lasts a year - thankfully as I don't think I could muster the stones to go just before my flight.
The gifts really are the icing on the cake for tonight being the All Black series win. I'll hold my breath for the world cup though. Those boys can really break a mans heart.
As for trip planning goes I haven't hit any snags. Manik will pick me up from the airport, we'll see a baseball game that night. I then have Saturday and Sunday to do whatever kids do these days, then an early morning ride to the train (7am departure) which after a brisk 36 hours land me in Denver, Colorado.
Luckily at this point Elisa by either grace of my early warning or gods of trip planning have given her about a week off which coincides with my arrival. Sounds like she has a lot planned so I guess I'll just try and hang on as I adjust to high altitude.
Next will be my Chicago leg of he tour, which will have Andrew, Alli and perhaps Travis. I'll then take the train from there to Altoona, PA and then bus up to University Park to do my paper work.
After all that is done, I try and get to Upstate New York and spending a week or so with Aliza and Ben, then head back down to Philadelphia, catch up with Dave and if I'm lucky, bum a ride to University Park.
It all seems like just a series of connect the dots and if my lazy planning pays off then I hope all goes well with no down time between stops.
She also included a free jump off the Auckland harbor bridge, which lasts a year - thankfully as I don't think I could muster the stones to go just before my flight.
The gifts really are the icing on the cake for tonight being the All Black series win. I'll hold my breath for the world cup though. Those boys can really break a mans heart.
As for trip planning goes I haven't hit any snags. Manik will pick me up from the airport, we'll see a baseball game that night. I then have Saturday and Sunday to do whatever kids do these days, then an early morning ride to the train (7am departure) which after a brisk 36 hours land me in Denver, Colorado.
Luckily at this point Elisa by either grace of my early warning or gods of trip planning have given her about a week off which coincides with my arrival. Sounds like she has a lot planned so I guess I'll just try and hang on as I adjust to high altitude.
Next will be my Chicago leg of he tour, which will have Andrew, Alli and perhaps Travis. I'll then take the train from there to Altoona, PA and then bus up to University Park to do my paper work.
After all that is done, I try and get to Upstate New York and spending a week or so with Aliza and Ben, then head back down to Philadelphia, catch up with Dave and if I'm lucky, bum a ride to University Park.
It all seems like just a series of connect the dots and if my lazy planning pays off then I hope all goes well with no down time between stops.