I just returned from Auckland and somehow my visa bet me home, not by much, the postie was only a few doors down, so maybe a mere 40 seconds. I guess that is a good reflection of our postal service, being that I live far out etc.
They stapled an envelope to my passport I'm not allowed to open, it really has me curious, but alas I can see no good in me opening it.
This was the first time I had driven to Auckland and I left with no definate place to stay or any idea how to get around, but surprisingly everything went rather well. I actually got more lost in Hamilton thanks to a bung shortcut, but all is well I got there in the end.
I crashed at Daves and he dropped me close to where I had to be in the morning so my first stop was the IEP (no idea what is stands for) and dropped off Vicky's camera. A happy ending for Vicky, the people there were nice and gave me one of their maps of the city, which had post offices on it, which was fortunate as I needed a courier bag before I went to the consulate. One walk to the far end of Shortland street and that was no longer a problem.
I saw no hosptital, I feel so lied to by the show.
The consulate was pretty awesome, opening the lift doors and seeing two American flags on some sort of third reich styled flag poles was pretty official looking (I guess it's because they both have the eagle as the bird) the whole process was over pretty quick if you exclude the waiting around for my scheduled appointment time. Being in there really dawned on me how big a semester this is going to be. I was expecting this feeling much, much earlier.
Now that I'm home I see I've pissed off Bindy enough to get an abusive message over facebook by not changing my tenancy details. I thought the only person really affected would be me by delaying my own bond, so if anyone from my flat reads this and is getting 'screwed' by my delay in action, I'll try and get onto it todayish. As soon as I work out whatever it is I'm actually meant to do.
Oh yeah, having a CD you can't eject playing the same Crowded House does get old after roughly the 4th hour. I think I heard 'Weather With You' about 9 times, yet amazingly could not remember all the lyrics.
They stapled an envelope to my passport I'm not allowed to open, it really has me curious, but alas I can see no good in me opening it.
This was the first time I had driven to Auckland and I left with no definate place to stay or any idea how to get around, but surprisingly everything went rather well. I actually got more lost in Hamilton thanks to a bung shortcut, but all is well I got there in the end.
I crashed at Daves and he dropped me close to where I had to be in the morning so my first stop was the IEP (no idea what is stands for) and dropped off Vicky's camera. A happy ending for Vicky, the people there were nice and gave me one of their maps of the city, which had post offices on it, which was fortunate as I needed a courier bag before I went to the consulate. One walk to the far end of Shortland street and that was no longer a problem.
I saw no hosptital, I feel so lied to by the show.
The consulate was pretty awesome, opening the lift doors and seeing two American flags on some sort of third reich styled flag poles was pretty official looking (I guess it's because they both have the eagle as the bird) the whole process was over pretty quick if you exclude the waiting around for my scheduled appointment time. Being in there really dawned on me how big a semester this is going to be. I was expecting this feeling much, much earlier.
Now that I'm home I see I've pissed off Bindy enough to get an abusive message over facebook by not changing my tenancy details. I thought the only person really affected would be me by delaying my own bond, so if anyone from my flat reads this and is getting 'screwed' by my delay in action, I'll try and get onto it todayish. As soon as I work out whatever it is I'm actually meant to do.
Oh yeah, having a CD you can't eject playing the same Crowded House does get old after roughly the 4th hour. I think I heard 'Weather With You' about 9 times, yet amazingly could not remember all the lyrics.