21, adjusting for the sake of adjusting

Posted on 7:48 PM, under

Well, it's drawing closer. I found that if I count days left in my village and assume I take every weekend out of here I'm realistically looking at 4/6 then I'm down to 21 as of today and by today I mean tomorrow as I try and write before I get online and even then I'm making a huge assumption that I'll even be able to get online, unlike today, what with the old familiar colossal power cut going from 10am till 5:40pm. It must have been too sunny for the windmills or something .

This figure is somewhat lower than it should be because of my trip to Turkey and the required trip back. At best I'll get two more days at school before I'm done and at this point I'm wondering if I should just take everything, stash it in Tbilisi and say my goodbyes on the way to Turkey. And then that gets me wondering if my flights are close enough and it's out through Turkey would it just be better to not reenter Georgia and just take all my shit with me for the week. It's not like I brought much with me and my luggage allowance is the same as the trip in. I guess I'll make my call closer to the time.

And on another note: Happy birthday Sis! I hope I get to put this online on the correct day.

------------

Today, being proper today and not yesterday, I was a little late to class. The principal showed up and was wondering why I was late, not that it mattered as my class was cancelled and they never told me, as per usual. He got one of the English teachers to ask why I was late and all I said was "traffic" as I expected that didn't even register; I guess it was more rhetorical than anything. They also told me not to be late again. I asked "or else?" and that didn't register, so I asked what would be the consequences if I was late. At this point if TLG wont listen to me, well excluding the line tapping, then I might as well make free reign of this. I may have been looking at this the wrong way: I'm holding some cards I never thought of; I'm in a village that nobody will go to, not even the Peace Corps and TLG is losing people on this program by the week and come Christmas most are leaving to never return. I'm irreplaceable; not by merit, but rather nobody else wants to be here, including me.

I think I'm just skimming breaking point again. I'm struggling to deal with the food. For lunch yesterday, cold pasta with a dirty oily bottom, mixed with potatoes, also cold. Dinner: cold pasta with a dirty oily bottom, mixed with potatoes, also cold and cold sauce. Now copy and paste that for the last few days and you'll see where I'm at. If I were to hazard a guess, no, scratch that, I don't want to even think when it was made.


edit post

0 Reply to "21, adjusting for the sake of adjusting"