22/9/2010
Shortly after my last post I had one of those 'I need to get home before I shit myself' kind of emergency. I didn't make it back to school that day. I had rung the insurance people to find out what to do for more drugs as I had only one more pill left; I'm aware my forward planning is somewhat lacking there. My host Father Anzo was in Batumi and being a doctor he had the means to get me some meds. Today they made me stay home and filled me with a concoction of pills and fluids, including coffee and honey combined; it tastes better than it looks. They even put me on an IV today and I might have another one tomorrow. Now it feels I have the opposite problem to before and now I can't go. This is too much of a good thing.
Black with honey thanks, oh and no water.
I did however drop by for the after school study session; this runs from about 4pm till 8:45pm. I made it around 5. So although they don't give me many hours, they're there if I look for them. It turns out that I have class on Friday, which goes against what was previously okay; it's no problem this week, as I'm not leaving till Saturday, but I would like to be asked seeing as I made a request.
I'll need next Friday off as I want to go to the Dentist in Batumi to fix my (slightly) broken teeth and that's the first weekend after pay day. I found out a recommended dentist from the insurance company, so I hope I at least get gloves. Plus the dentist speaks English apparently.
23/09/2010
Today I was late to class as they told me they wanted to give me another IV. I’m starting to think they’re doing this as they have nothing else to do. And I think they want to do this again tomorrow. I don’t think I had this many bags of fluid even when I was on nil by mouth. But, at least I know this stuff isn’t dangerous. I missed my one scheduled class with my host mother and I joined her for another, yet what I didn’t know is I missed my scheduled other class because they told me it was after when it was. She told me to stay with my host mother and I helped her in these smaller classes which had six students each, I think they want to talk to me so I’ll come back after 4pm. Now I have to go home and eat boiled potatoes and take pills.
My host father couldn't resist busting out the white coat for the purpose of a photo

