I'm not dead, just absent

Posted on 2:35 PM, under

Ok, I've been slack. So let me see. A week ago Brad came, the following day we consumed 28 standard drinks in a fashion titled 'crate day'.

The following Thursday was almost a write off but I managed a dinner with the flat mates at Satay Kingdom.

The Friday saw me get discouraged by job hunt which had been derailed by Brad's arrival. This is meant to say more about me than him. He then took over the reigns and I pushed out two or three applications. One of which wants to interview me on the 26th for helping American students on field trips. It sounds like I join in the fun and get paid and it's outside office hours.

Saturday saw gale force winds and me drinking with Brad. We picked up Montheiths Lager. It's ok, but I wouldn't get it again at that price. They make more appealing stuff than that and lately some new beers have been coming out. Speights Summit is an example. I'm curious to the emergence of all these new beers that have come out with the pure theme but I love them. Export these I say. Lord of The Rings is the wrong way of going about getting tourists.

The All Blacks played. The bar was quiet. Last time I was there for an All Blacks game it was packed and had a line outside. Everyone got a seat this time. Maybe blame can be passed to the crap weather.

Sunday I got a call from Alex (his truck in the photo below) and made my way down there to help him. A lot of waiting around and then lots of boxes later I saw myself back in Wellington on a glorious day with some cash and some avocados. Delicious. I then managed to get a posse together and walked to the French festival which was a complete and utter disappointment. Unless you wanted a French car, wedding dress or expensive wine. We bailed quickly then got to the beach front.

Monday saw Brad leave early, me apply for a lot of jobs in rapid fire succession and watch a lot of movies. Productive yet oh so unproductive at the same time.

Today saw me get a pre interview phone call which had me shaking, partly due to consuming near 2L of ice cream while watching the Incredible Hulk. I have an interview tomorrow. I need my passport and I need some shoes and a shirt. Luckily my old pants which are in good condition from 05 are still prestine as I wore them like twice. My ass has actually shrunk since then so they still fit well.

If I do get this job it starts on December 4th. I would get Christmas and Boxing Day off and then back to it. Which makes home logistics daunting. But then again I do pick up a lot of statutory holidays with minimal effort.

More to come. Including a video of Crate day.

edit post

0 Reply to "I'm not dead, just absent"