The windiest place on Earth (probably)

Posted on 3:08 PM, under

On Thursday I was approached some friends asking me if they pay for gas would I take them to Castle Point? Well, if you pay for gas I'll drive my car to Australia. Well, after the logistics are considered.

It takes less than three hours to get there and my car suffered wind damage on the way there. Yes, I'm not kidding, the one remaining plastic trimming that remained on my windscreen is now lost to the windy stretch of road that is near Castle Point. Examining the damage to the amusement of my friends saw me grabbing on my to my car so I wouldn't share the same fate as that plastic trimming.

Now, to illustrate the wind, I took a picture of me facing the wind. I don't normally button up the top button, I just needed to for the wind.

Me facing wind

Despite the winds that could probably power the country the beach was a work of art. I took many pictures and am pleased with a lot of them. In the area there is a lighthouse, a steep hill that turns into a cliff (freaky at the top with the gusts of wind), tractors on the beach for towing boats and this sign

Those lost brave soles of Castle Point

Getting from that sign to the lighthouse in the back ground was treacherous. This was my own personal Normandy invasion as sand would smack me in the ear and eyes.

This photo is from the by the lighthouse looking towards the cliff, which you can kind of judge the sheer drop of the cliff. I faced the perils of the wind for this

On the way up I took this HDR photo, which came out surprisingly well without a tripod and in the wind

HDR at Castle Point

This was taken on the walk back to the car from the top of the hill.

Beach on a gloomy day

edit post

0 Reply to "The windiest place on Earth (probably)"