Well unless my first exam went more horrible than I thought. I am glad I got the book as that would of been the difference between no chance and a chance in passing. In contrast yesterdays was a dream. I love open book exams.
Yesterdays timeline went like this:
7:30am Woke up
9:15am Head to exam
9:28am Arrive late and miss the exam protocol for the billionth time
9:30am Start Exam
12:00pm Leave Exam
12:25pm Drinking first beer
12:30pm Exam Finishes
The day was spent watching movies and chilling out. I also made beer can sculptures. I'll put picks up when I get more cans.
Yesterday my flat mate got chased by youths (teenagers maybe, he didn't grab a good look) in the park by our house, he got away and we called the cops but I hate to think if he got caught or if that were me. Weekend nights don't feel safe any more. My neighbour as I mentioned earlier got robbed by knife point and now this.
So far it seems to be targeted towards Friday and Saturday nights, but it really puts you in a head spin when I think of the many times I've walked through these areas at the same time of night. And even when you do hand over things you still get your ass kicked. Hayden (mugged by knife point guy) was walking in a group, gave him his stuff and did everything you're supposed to and still got his nose broken. Do I have to carry a knife as a deterrent for when I go out? The economist in me says yes. If only to make myself a less desirable target. Of course I will be taking steps to minimise risk, perhaps taking cabs on weekends but that's just it. You can only minimise risk, you can't eliminate it.
When I look around and see this I wonder what happened. I see Alex and what happened to him, a man taking a bat to the head by youth and him being the one facing the prospect of legal action for trying to defend himself. I don't want to be that guy, but I'm calling that within the decade we will be where England is now. People afraid to go out at night because of youth.
Yesterdays timeline went like this:
7:30am Woke up
9:15am Head to exam
9:28am Arrive late and miss the exam protocol for the billionth time
9:30am Start Exam
12:00pm Leave Exam
12:25pm Drinking first beer
12:30pm Exam Finishes
The day was spent watching movies and chilling out. I also made beer can sculptures. I'll put picks up when I get more cans.
Yesterday my flat mate got chased by youths (teenagers maybe, he didn't grab a good look) in the park by our house, he got away and we called the cops but I hate to think if he got caught or if that were me. Weekend nights don't feel safe any more. My neighbour as I mentioned earlier got robbed by knife point and now this.
So far it seems to be targeted towards Friday and Saturday nights, but it really puts you in a head spin when I think of the many times I've walked through these areas at the same time of night. And even when you do hand over things you still get your ass kicked. Hayden (mugged by knife point guy) was walking in a group, gave him his stuff and did everything you're supposed to and still got his nose broken. Do I have to carry a knife as a deterrent for when I go out? The economist in me says yes. If only to make myself a less desirable target. Of course I will be taking steps to minimise risk, perhaps taking cabs on weekends but that's just it. You can only minimise risk, you can't eliminate it.
When I look around and see this I wonder what happened. I see Alex and what happened to him, a man taking a bat to the head by youth and him being the one facing the prospect of legal action for trying to defend himself. I don't want to be that guy, but I'm calling that within the decade we will be where England is now. People afraid to go out at night because of youth.