Friday was quite the day, if you were to make an analogy based on Oreo cookies, this was the double stuffed. First up I made it to my final class for the week, giving me my first complete week in a while. I paid my internet then got cake for the pot luck dinner.
I arrive bang on time and of course that makes me first, what a chump. We hang out, I take photos for Teressa and Rosie jumping around, they love that shit and they came out pretty well, every photo was successful, timing four people in the air is quite the feat.
Eventually assorted pot luck food turns up, time pressure builds. The Warriors have kicked off, I stay for an acceptable amount of time and bolt home, parking then running down, I find out that the group is fragmented with the original meeting point having a line, some friends in the line and some people in a bar by the water. Run Lola, run. I actually get lost, I can visualise the bar, but as to which end of the city has me stumped. I gamble on instinct and it pays out, I catch the second half and the walk in to see the Warriors down 13-12. It seems they were waiting for me to unleash the fury becoming eventual winner 30-13. Fuck yes indeed.
This caused for celebration, we regroup at the original meeting point and proceed to get shitfaced, the night gets a little hazy from there on afterward, but judging from marker pens on my inside of my hands I remember tracing my hands on white tshirts. Dylan slipped away into the night looking rather drunk and I found a road cone on the walk home.
The impressive part is I removed my contact lenses without incident.
I arrive bang on time and of course that makes me first, what a chump. We hang out, I take photos for Teressa and Rosie jumping around, they love that shit and they came out pretty well, every photo was successful, timing four people in the air is quite the feat.
Eventually assorted pot luck food turns up, time pressure builds. The Warriors have kicked off, I stay for an acceptable amount of time and bolt home, parking then running down, I find out that the group is fragmented with the original meeting point having a line, some friends in the line and some people in a bar by the water. Run Lola, run. I actually get lost, I can visualise the bar, but as to which end of the city has me stumped. I gamble on instinct and it pays out, I catch the second half and the walk in to see the Warriors down 13-12. It seems they were waiting for me to unleash the fury becoming eventual winner 30-13. Fuck yes indeed.
This caused for celebration, we regroup at the original meeting point and proceed to get shitfaced, the night gets a little hazy from there on afterward, but judging from marker pens on my inside of my hands I remember tracing my hands on white tshirts. Dylan slipped away into the night looking rather drunk and I found a road cone on the walk home.
The impressive part is I removed my contact lenses without incident.