I caught up with Susie for lunch on Friday. Having one and a half hours to kill saw me visit the library and then walk the block a few times. We actually seem to be about half a block away from the city campus, so I can safely say that my walk was a mega detour to chew up the clock. The biggest regret was walking up to the eighth floor, which was like 16 flights of stairs, only to be denied by a swipe card reader for a card I didn't have. Dejection ahoy.
Lunch was good and we probably hung out for an hour, it's been a while since I've seen my sister. I picked her brain about job applications and she told me what I thought she would about working for Statistics. I don't disagree with anything she said and she provided some good insight but I think I'll still apply, if only for interview experience. Plus they have a session with free nibbles and transport. One thing that bothers me from careers fair is that I hate the question of "what sort of Economics did you do?" I have no idea, it all just blends in together. I'm still considering chucking the international econ course in. I did it a PSU so I think that will give me a major leg up, plus I think it leaves the option of honors or graduate diploma more accessible. Might make summer courses easier too if I decide to bleed Studylink for a bit more or it might give refreshing change from my two Commercial Law courses. If it clashes I'll drop it quicker than a Chiefs chance at semi final.
The weekend itself was wasted. Saturday was in bed watching The Office, it was only salvaged by a night time shopping trip and digging in to the 190 proof alcohol. My neighbor had some friends down from Auckland, good people. One girl got sick off this shit despite my warnings. We were in my flat and she threw up into the glass in complete silence, then proceeded to the bath room by jumping the couch. I would of been none the wiser had she not caught her foot and face planted into the wall and spilling her drink, her drink of vomit. Yummy. It kind of wound down after that.
Cheap and dangerous. Lovely
Today was spent in bed and dealing with a lingering mild hang over. I guess I had it coming for messing with a drink thats 95% alcohol. Oh, I mowed the lawn too. I thought that was going to be horrible in my state, but I guess me focusing took my mind off it. That and it only took me 45 minutes to finish. I worked it out the 3/5 of my job is a lie. I'm cool with that, I do what's needed but I want something more.