Nelson Onroad will bare the name of my first child as they passed my car and informed me I got ripped off on my repair job they did tell me I'll need to do some plate welding. They were suspicious that I failed a warrant two days prior on a different island and much further north, which when I think about it, was rather impressive.
The heavens opened and the road was treacherous. The demister failed and the car road became a boat ride climbing that mountain, seeing the aftermath of two accidents, one of which I offered my assistance (come on karma) but none was needed we eventually made it amid a soaked car. Earlier in the day we had a smooth sail and enjoyed the calm weather which might as well of been the eye of the storm.
Abel Tasman was suffering from slips so it was a little bit of a restrictive leg of the trip, but hey, I saw golden sand and swam in the ocean in the rain. A cold ocean swim, but I was happy and glad I did it. I also took the time to whip out some tools and undo my door, recover the light bulb from the passengers door that fell down and play (and lose the one to my horn) with the fuses which miraculously got air conditioning going. Celebrate good times.
Today will be the leg of hell, back over the hill and all the way to Franz Josef, via Punakaiki of course.
No idea when my next update will be, maybe tonight, maybe in a week in Mt Cook.
The heavens opened and the road was treacherous. The demister failed and the car road became a boat ride climbing that mountain, seeing the aftermath of two accidents, one of which I offered my assistance (come on karma) but none was needed we eventually made it amid a soaked car. Earlier in the day we had a smooth sail and enjoyed the calm weather which might as well of been the eye of the storm.
Abel Tasman was suffering from slips so it was a little bit of a restrictive leg of the trip, but hey, I saw golden sand and swam in the ocean in the rain. A cold ocean swim, but I was happy and glad I did it. I also took the time to whip out some tools and undo my door, recover the light bulb from the passengers door that fell down and play (and lose the one to my horn) with the fuses which miraculously got air conditioning going. Celebrate good times.
Today will be the leg of hell, back over the hill and all the way to Franz Josef, via Punakaiki of course.
No idea when my next update will be, maybe tonight, maybe in a week in Mt Cook.