End of Austin

Posted on 5:47 PM, under ,

Austin has been great. Yesterday we checked out the University of Texas campus and I have to say it isn't bad. The Main tower is a lot bigger than I could of pictured and is the site where Charles Whitman used as a nest for his sniper attacks that took many lives back in the 60's. We then walked uptown a bit and took a tour of the capital building. It's a really impressive capital building which is kind of similar to almost every capital building I've seen here.

We came back to the hostel and found that the Girl Guides were here and had cooked dinner. They then asked us a bit of questions about were we're from and wondered if we were in a band. Shortly after that we were back out and seeing 6th street in all its glory. The bar scene here would probably be the best in the world. I mean if it's the live music capital of the world then what more do you need. We went to about 8 bars last night and each of them offered glorious amounts of cheap drinks. One of them might as well have been called $2 every-things as everything was well indeed $2. All in all it was a great cheap night out.

Today however was less exciting. I spent a bit of it doing school work (yes, I'm not totally evading my obligations) we had a walk around again, went to the must do that is Amy's Ice cream and that was simply amazing. After that we made plans to go to the Alamo movie theater and watch "No place for old men". The great thing about this place is that you turn up early and you order dinner and they serve it to you in the movie. Every second row of seats is gone and there's a sort of table in front of you where you can put your pizza or whatever and drink your beer etc. Such things are really innovative.

Next stop, tomorrow morning we're off to Houston

edit post

1 Reply to "End of Austin"

  • Anonymous on January 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM

    good thing the girl scouts didn't freak you out.

    come back and visit us any time!


    -ali