A great victory for the underdog. Well, for me at least. Not the greatest about BOP or the Warriors. But enough of that now. I got called back for a second meeting with Jason (the head RA guy) and he said the matter has been dropped. No sanctions or charges. Happy to hear this we went and and got trashed on about $12 worth of booze. $2 long island iced teas. Vomit ensured.
We met some randoms in McDonalds afterwards and as we're helping them home a cop stops us. I turn around and they're gone, all but the overly drunk girl me and Owen (An Aussie) are holding up. The cop had no interest in us and this made for a pretty funny affair as I'm asking him heaps of questions. Turns out yes he had a gun and pepper spray, but no taser. He also wouldn't breath test me as its not a toy. No fun. I was composed enough to have thought to ask if there would be any implications of a failed test, so I'm not completely stupid.
But yeah, I find myself having a lot of fun here. I love being foreign, it's easier to talk to people and can learn so much from talking to people. For instance I spent 4 hours chatting to my RA (not to be confused with Alaa).
Tomorrow will be big. I'm hoping the All Black game can be seen. It starts 7am local time here. The bar that said they have coverage opens at 11. No bueno. After that there will be tail gating. Which is the only way you can drink outside in PA. It's like the eclipse of the law. This short period in time, this darkness if you will, that is home football games allows everyone to converge in one town and drink in public. Afterwards, the sun is place and so is the regime of the laws of PA. University Park becomes the third biggest city in PA on football weekends. God I wish I could go in the stadium. Oh well.
We met some randoms in McDonalds afterwards and as we're helping them home a cop stops us. I turn around and they're gone, all but the overly drunk girl me and Owen (An Aussie) are holding up. The cop had no interest in us and this made for a pretty funny affair as I'm asking him heaps of questions. Turns out yes he had a gun and pepper spray, but no taser. He also wouldn't breath test me as its not a toy. No fun. I was composed enough to have thought to ask if there would be any implications of a failed test, so I'm not completely stupid.
But yeah, I find myself having a lot of fun here. I love being foreign, it's easier to talk to people and can learn so much from talking to people. For instance I spent 4 hours chatting to my RA (not to be confused with Alaa).
Tomorrow will be big. I'm hoping the All Black game can be seen. It starts 7am local time here. The bar that said they have coverage opens at 11. No bueno. After that there will be tail gating. Which is the only way you can drink outside in PA. It's like the eclipse of the law. This short period in time, this darkness if you will, that is home football games allows everyone to converge in one town and drink in public. Afterwards, the sun is place and so is the regime of the laws of PA. University Park becomes the third biggest city in PA on football weekends. God I wish I could go in the stadium. Oh well.