Yesterday was a good day. A lot of walking, but we managed to see quite a bit. I saw North Beach, Navy Pier, The shiny metal jelly bean thing in the park and the Buckingham fountain. We also checked out the Blues place known as Smoke Daddy. Andrew had some older friends there who he hadn't seen for a while and were nice enough to pay my bill and object to the notion of me paying. I also got an ID request for the first time here. We caught the last train home and that was the end of a long day.
Today was pretty cool, rather than trawling back to the city we decided to go to the beach. The lake has no surf, excellent sand and can get pretty crowded. Oh not to mention you can't go out far enough to stand much more below waist deep (takes ages to change elevation) as they have a lot of life guards in Lake Forrest. It's all kind of messed up to the scenes of a beach at home.
Managed to get hold of Travis who is in Chicago right now. He has a job interview tomorrow and then afterwards he will drive out here and from what I gather we will hang out tomorrow and he'll drop me off at the airport, which is awesome. That sounds much better than taking my stuff to the airport late at night and risking the whole getting stabbed element/sleeping at airport, or getting up at 4 and walking to the train station and running the risk of getting stabbed/missing my flight. So yeah I'm quite pleased with that.
Hoping my camera arrives tomorrow, it says it is scheduled to and the memory card says it has already arrived, but the mail room is locked on weekends so I'll assume it is true.
I also found out my room assignment for this year and my room mates cell phone number. Not that I'm anxious to call the guy, I mean I'll be sharing my sacred bubble of space with him for a semester, I'm sure we can wait a week for contact.
In the mean time I'll be living at Atherton Hall later:
Today was pretty cool, rather than trawling back to the city we decided to go to the beach. The lake has no surf, excellent sand and can get pretty crowded. Oh not to mention you can't go out far enough to stand much more below waist deep (takes ages to change elevation) as they have a lot of life guards in Lake Forrest. It's all kind of messed up to the scenes of a beach at home.
Managed to get hold of Travis who is in Chicago right now. He has a job interview tomorrow and then afterwards he will drive out here and from what I gather we will hang out tomorrow and he'll drop me off at the airport, which is awesome. That sounds much better than taking my stuff to the airport late at night and risking the whole getting stabbed element/sleeping at airport, or getting up at 4 and walking to the train station and running the risk of getting stabbed/missing my flight. So yeah I'm quite pleased with that.
Hoping my camera arrives tomorrow, it says it is scheduled to and the memory card says it has already arrived, but the mail room is locked on weekends so I'll assume it is true.
I also found out my room assignment for this year and my room mates cell phone number. Not that I'm anxious to call the guy, I mean I'll be sharing my sacred bubble of space with him for a semester, I'm sure we can wait a week for contact.
In the mean time I'll be living at Atherton Hall later: