Well, right now I'm in Avon, Colorado. Elisa and her friends have a 3 on 3 soccer tournament in Vail, CO just 15 minutes away. Since my last post I've seen a few more states, most by train, but those states sucked to be blunt. But I guess I should start at the beginning.

Manik dropped me off at the Emeryville. I'll get the link later) train station and I must say, that thing was massive. It was a long journey at around 35 hours. The thing that struck me was how much longer it takes for the scenery to change. It's just long, hot and flat for a long time. Nevada was just ugly. There's not much more that I could say. The photos would have to do the talking, even then it might be one of those things you'd have to suffer through to understand ( pics coming soon - I have a few San Francisco photos up on the google hosting thing)

You really have no exact idea when you change states as they sort of slowly change, so I had no real idea when I had hit Utah until I got a brief glance at Salt Lake City. I apparently went through a continental divide, but it was 4 am so I didn't see it.

After arriving in Denver it was heat like I'd never experienced, it felt like a hair dryer was following me. I have to say I do like Colorado, a lot of it reminds me of home, excluding the uber large highways etc. I also did some camping and rock climbing in Wyoming and checked out Wyoming State University, which has its own dinosaur exhibit.

So yeah, that is a quick summary of what's happened in the last five days or so.

P.S Drinking at altitude is quite an ass kicker, but as long as you take it slow its all good.

edit post

0 Reply to "A lot has happened"