I'm home (for under a month)

Posted on 10:39 AM, under , ,

Well the pilgrimage took a bit of a hit early on. The bad weather that I had to move in caused the ferry to be delayed. Leaving me to hold on to the van for a whole extra day. It was a whole Gilligan's Island scenario, it was only meant to be a few hours and it became an indefinite wait. The van people were really good about it and only charged me 6 hours, despite returning it Wednesday at around 10:30 in the morning.

I got my car loaded into Alex's truck and we drove up to Palmerston North, Feilding, then settled outside of Tokoroa. I really love riding in that thing, its like the observation deck for a road trip, you see so much more in a truck.

We ended up in Auckland the next night and later the next day I got my car out (mission and a half) and visited my Dad, which I hadn't done since I've been in Uni. Then I raced back to Te Puke to meet Alex with my stuff so I could chuck it in storage. Alex got held up by some lady who had a lot more stuff than she quoted on, so he had to hire extra labour, even with four people moving her stuff he was over 3 hours late, but that was fine, I had nowhere to be.

During my waiting session I was looking for stuff in my car to entertain myself and found a rather nice digital camera that wasn't mine. It was flat, but using my one to look at the memory card I established it was a girl we met in Wanaka and gave a ride to Queenstown to. I'm going to try and get it back to her as she was pretty cool and helped us when Riley hurt her ankle, she also tried to give us a place to stay. All I know is her name is Vicky, she is American and she works/ed at a bungee place in Queenstown.

I'm now in Rotoma, which is a lot further out then I remembered. But still, it's nice out here.

edit post

0 Reply to "I'm home (for under a month)"