Yeah, sorry it's taking longer than I would of liked, I'm not too sure what to do with it and I'm not overly interested in doing this to be honest. But for the record...
I've taken some photos of my room, which was harder than it sounds as I had at one stage managed to fence myself in with furniture while trying to rearrange it. You'll see how small an area I had to work with.
I'll provide an update of my last month. (In reverse chronological order - from a hazy memory)
This weekend was a long weekend and I have no phone and a touch of the flu to boot. I therefore spent it in my place watching way too much pirated streaming rugby and rugby league. The pizza people now know by name as I met a family member who had come up who is an English teacher.
On Friday we went to a place that always appears closed. They have the cheapest beer we could find and the most misleading menu I have ever seen. On a related note I've tried chicken feet, or should that be chicken foot; I hate bones, and it's like eating battered toenails and cartilage.
Last week I went to Daegu. It's massive and has hoards of people. I met some people, eventually, by chance (no phone), and went to a soccer match. It's a big city and outside of andong it will be my main place to go when I can be bother travelling for 3 hours and taking two buses. You can also buy a hamburger there and go to bars which have not only people, but lots of them, even foreigner bars. But I could argue every bar in Yeongyang we go to is a foreigner bar if we're the only ones there.
We got paid, which is nice as I was down to my last ($2) and was using my credit card for takeaways; groceries are cash only.
I finally made it to Subi, the last of my schools, and it is amazing; the food is outstanding, I impressed them by introducing myself in Korean and the students are civil and not an unruly mob. It's too bad it's only once a week and the following day is just that much harder.
---
I forget how the rest goes. I know I've been to Andong to start my Alien Registration Card (ARC), which I'll need to get a phone. I picked up an expensive (and only available option) head shaver from E-Mart.
I was also a basketball referee who wasn't too sure of the rules and adopted a laissez faire approach. I blew the whistle, feebly, once for the ball being taken passed back into their own half. Part of the problem was I wasn't too keen to explain my loose interpretations of the rules to people who have a low grasp of English.
Other than that there isn't much to say. I teach like 3-4 hours a day and the rest of the time I'm kind of doing nothing until I can go home.
2 Reply to "Still working on it."
Anonymous on October 7, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Hi Chris Enjoyed the news Want to know if this Sunday morning our time say 10.am would be good time to skype need to ask few questions re birthday coming up. can you email us re what would be good time. Cheers Dad & Pam
Big Sis on October 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Hey you, glad you're settled. More glad that you'e had a pay cheque! Enjoy the rugby this weekend. s