I was hesitant at first, updating iTunes isn't something I do on a whim, I'm calculating when it comes to this sort of thing. But hearing people rave about the genius play list maker was enough to make me give it a chance to win my heart over and by god it did.
My big gripe at first was my monolithic list had been replaced by icons for bands, ugh, but a quick setting change made it look like the tired old iTunes I knew and loved like before.
The genius play list maker isn't as genius as I would of thought, it seems every song from New Zealand deserves to be on a list together, but damn did it win me over pretty quickly. I made a play list based on the Dakota by The Stereophonics. iTunes then found songs similar to that, and then produced a play list of decent caliber. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but that's the beauty of it. You see I can spend an age making a slightly better list that I feel compelled to change and manipulate depending on my mood.
This however, dispenses play lists in a second that are like iTunes looked into my soul and made a mix tape based on one song. I feel connected to my music collection again.
My big gripe at first was my monolithic list had been replaced by icons for bands, ugh, but a quick setting change made it look like the tired old iTunes I knew and loved like before.
The genius play list maker isn't as genius as I would of thought, it seems every song from New Zealand deserves to be on a list together, but damn did it win me over pretty quickly. I made a play list based on the Dakota by The Stereophonics. iTunes then found songs similar to that, and then produced a play list of decent caliber. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but that's the beauty of it. You see I can spend an age making a slightly better list that I feel compelled to change and manipulate depending on my mood.
This however, dispenses play lists in a second that are like iTunes looked into my soul and made a mix tape based on one song. I feel connected to my music collection again.