So I found out the RA applications close at the end of the week and I feel I'm being pulled in two directions over the issue. I do feel I'd have a more than decent shot at landing it, so working on the assumption that I do get it I look on the one hand and see free rent, power phone and delaying looking for a proper job. I also see myself at age 24, which is frightening in itself, it is also the new age cut off for parental income limits, which would mean I'd get more money from studylink than I do now and of course have much lower overheads.

Feasibly I could save about 6k, but the catch is I have to be a student, so that means more debt. Granted I think the gain would outweigh the debt and I'm always told to delay getting into the real world as long as possible. I also have to consider non monetary costs and benefits. I would finish my accounting major, but I would be a year behind in the rat race. Which brings me to my next point.

My biological clock is ticking. I don't mean that in a baby way, but in a "a lot of countries have age limits on immigration" kind of way. I make no secret of my desire to flee this country and live abroad and although I haven't read up on it, the number 30 comes to mind as the cutoff. This gives me 6 years 1 month and 16 days. Fuck, putting it that way is scary. Try it and see what I mean.

I guess the RA thing would be the easier option, but it could also just be sabotaging myself down the road. No doubt the smart move would be to apply anyway and then sit on it in case nothing looks like it is coming.

edit post

0 Reply to "Astrology is bullshit. I can't make up my mind because it is tough, not because I'm a Libra"