Now, on to losing the other half.
Reading up on whatever I can find to pin on to my essay is a really disenchanting process, namely the failure of Project Aqua (I’m shocked that it took this long to get that name used on a project). It comes easy to get sidetracked and reading all these political policy statements from Meridian, various government departments and special interest groups takes my attention to who I would vote for if the election were today, being an election year my vote has swung numerous times in the process, but will most likely run back to Labour, I guess I don't feel comfortable with National keen to throw more money at people than Labour for the sake of votes. A lot of what I’m reading for my essay comes from Libertarianz and the Green party as it is minor parties that provide unrealistic alternatives whilst making the most noise.
Libertarianz lost my vote quickly when I read their ‘alternative’ budget. Not owning our highways or maintaining them sees a little too radical, plus getting rid of student payments can see me walking away in disgust pretty easily.
The Greens seduce me just long enough to drop the ball and remind me of why I hate hippies. But if you look through the haze you can sort of see what they’re getting at.
This post was meant to be about the RMA, but really it’s a horrible sticky issue. I would compare it to how my back felt carrying my luggage through Chicago on a sticky summer’s night. I’ve got 700 words of 2000 (max) and I’m running thin on things to write about. Really it's not comfortable to talk about at all.
P.S. God help me if the Spurs don't win by more than 5 tomorrow. And remember kids, don't stack your bets in baseball, it just ends in tears