Halloween weekend update
Posted on 8:15 AM, under Blue Man, Daylight savings, Halloween, New York, Thanksgiving
I've got round to booking my travel for Thanksgiving. We have to actually get out of State College so it made sense to use this time to see Aliza and Ben. I opted for the cheaper 10 hour bus trip as Cairo is on the same bus heading to Montreal, so I think that 10 hours with a friend is better than 5 hours alone. I'm in Upstate New York from the 17th (1am) till the 25th. Then I come back for three days and off we go again. Should be awesome.
Halloween has come and gone. We didn't dress up on the Wednesday, I somehow got tricked into paying $10 to see Macbeth. Wasn't my cup of tea, I couldn't understand what was being said, they had five actors changing characters quickly, I think if I was familiar with the play it would of made more sense.
We did however dress up on Friday and Saturday as...(click for album)
Yes, that was bad ass. If you're not familiar with the Blue Man group, then well it will be less cool. so if you don't know, look them up. That picture shows Saturday night, which has us learning from the mistakes of Friday, ie much better finishing touches etc, but alas down a third member.
The costume took us about an hour and a half of pissing round to put on, it's easier with two people working on one, so we recruited Katie, who was the deciding factor on making it look better. We got a lot of compliments some saying it's the best costume of the week. Which I think is awesome, it will probably be my only Halloween of my life in America so I'm glad I did it right.
I had a mid term (again) for International Econ, my study prep involved going to see Saw 4 with Owen. It went alright, but I think they should stop making Saw movies, but I hear there will be a 5th, oh, the mid term went alright as well, but we'll wait for the grade.
I almost forgot, I went to the last home football game of the year. This will mark the last time for the year I will step forward into the stadium, well for football at least, I will get to run around on the magical field for Turf 100, which I may add I have a mid term on Tuesday for. I'm feeling more positive for this one, seeing as I've done well on the quizzes as of late.
It's dawned on us we have such little time here, especially with time out for traveling. I'm really going to be bummed to go home, it's been a good ride and been the time of my life, but hey, it's not over yet.
Well thats about all, I might try and clean my room as it looks like some angry baggage handlers shook it around a bit. Also the Colts are playing the Patriots at 4:15, so that is a must watch (8 games in both teams undefeated)